Search This Blog

Monday, September 3, 2012

Hell Hath No Fury . . .

I started my day being attacked by an angry Korean woman. That's a creature that is difficult to imagine unless you've seen one.

I was waiting to flag down a taxi on the main street of my neighborhood, where it's always a matter of who raises their hand first. A young Korean couple was up the street from me and a cab was approaching from my side, so they started walking toward me to catch it first. I did the same, unwilling to have them cut in front, and reached the taxi just before them. And got inside.

The male then berated me, saying they had been waiting for 10 minutes and when I used clear language to tell him I disagreed, the woman tried to drag me from the car. Note to skinny Korean gals: no matter how angry you might be, laying hands on an Irish Maori is not wise. I did not harm her, just batted her away, closed the door and apologized to the taxi driver.

But it's a beautiful day regardless. It was a yellow envelope day, which was especially welcome after just paying a few thousand dollars in key money to take over the lease on my apartment, so I treated myself to a steak lunch at Blacksmith (great food, pricy but excellent service, but they wouldn't let me take out my uneaten bell peppers, saying they only do that for pizza. Fail.). Before lunch though, I got to talk and laugh with my love, something that is difficult when he's on the other side of the world and in an opposite timezone.

That's all it takes to make me happy.

No comments:

Post a Comment