Search This Blog

Saturday, July 16, 2011

The Good, the Bad, and the Very, Very Ugly

The Kiwi has been quiet online lately because she has been anything but elsewhere. Got lost in the Arkansas Ozarks for a week, then spent the last two days riding, to get back East.

On the sad, bad, sad side, a beautiful young family member died, and it's hard to write when you're grieving. R.I.P. Nikki, you taught a lot of your elders how to really live.

On the good, I may have a job to go back to, one that I want.

On the ugly - I had my first experience of human hatred last week and, no, it wasn't the WBC. Another thing to get my head around before I write it up, but I learned that you can't reason with insanity. I have the bruises to prove it, the bike was easier to fix.

Today is a rest day on a three-day ride from Arkansas to Virginia, where I need to courier some documents for the (hoped-for) new job, then sleep all day while the gals are at work and emerge to tell stories at night. Yesterday was 12 hours travel, about 10 in the saddle, and five rainstorms. When I get really tired, like now, I ask whose stupid idea this was anyway, and have to answer that it was mine. And, as much as I hurt right now, I'm glad I'm stupid enough to do it.

Nite y'all.

No comments:

Post a Comment